Mission

Providing an empowering discussions on issues relating to pregnancy, birth and family life; and offering information on local resources.

If you are in the NW Indiana area or South Burbs of IL please contact me for more information on Prenatal or Labor services. littlecriesandlullabies@gmail.com

Friday, December 2, 2011

Pregnancy and me!

Nope not preggers again but the tickle is still there!

I have been with child 7 times. YES 7!

I have had 1 miscarriage, 1 C-Section and 2 ectopic pregnancies!

In addition to the above, I have also had in no particular order in each pregnancy:
Pre-eclampsia, Eclampsia, watched closely due to sugar in my urine, 1 Placenta Abrupto, 2 Pre-term births, UTI's, GBS, high blood pressure and terribly swollen kankles!

I felt gipped by the TLC channel, What to expect when you are expecting and numerous other things floating around that sell you on a seemingly, wonderful, uneventful birth, with a Doctor that actually listens or cares about your roller coaster emotional state!

Birth is a beautiful thing! Not to be rushed, panicking a new or even seasoned Moms by scaring the crap out of her if she has a glass of wine or took a dose of cold meds during her pregnancy.

Go with your instinct! I didn't have a Doula or a Birth Assistant to bounce ideas off of. Birth positions? Comfort measures? Oh, in a Lamaze they shared some but once you are in the moment your brain decides to rebel and I forgot to breathe!

I also had to remind myself like each child, each of they're births were equally just as different! Not textbook! I didn't look pretty. I sweated. I grunted. I puked. I shook. I was hot and then cold. I tuned everything out at one point and just went inward. Each birth was so unique!

Do what feels good! Believe in yourself Momma! You can do it!

No comments:

Post a Comment