Mission

Providing an empowering discussions on issues relating to pregnancy, birth and family life; and offering information on local resources.

If you are in the NW Indiana area or South Burbs of IL please contact me for more information on Prenatal or Labor services. littlecriesandlullabies@gmail.com

Friday, April 29, 2011

What is Support?

So your wondering exactly what kind of support a Doula gives you? You maybe thinking "Will she replace my partner during labor?"

Support is "Unconditional"

It is just listening, not judging and allowing you to tell your own story

It is not offering advice, it is to offer a shoulder, tissue, a hug or show that you care

I am here to help women discover what they are feeling and not to make the feelings just go away

I am here to help you figure out your options BUT not tell you what you need to choose

I am here to discuss the steps necessary with you but I will not take the steps for you

I am here to help you discover your strength and not to rescue you or leave you vulnerable

I am here to help you discover that you can help yourself and not to take that responsibility for you

I am here to help you learn to choose but not to make it unnecessary for you to make a difficult choice

I am here to help guide you and your partner find your comfort level but not to take your partners place

I am here for you as your support!

No comments:

Post a Comment